He writes about teenagers. And from the two books I've read, I can tell that theres a climax between the male and female character, and then something happens to the female. Normally I would try not to spoil the book, but I can't give a juicy response without it. The girl in this book, Margo, runs away. It's not the first time, but it's the first time that Quentin, the main character, knows about it. It's drawing closer and closer to high school graduation, and Q is getting worried that Margo wont be back in time.
He starts to investigate. He looks everywhere within 50 miles of Orlando, exploring, investigating, and sniffing to see if he can smell Margo's almond butter skin lotion. A series of uncoveringes occurred, and Q found where Margo was, so he packs up a car with all of his 4 friends, and travels to upstate New York.
Eventually he finds Margo, but that wasn't the point of the story. The point was the journey. He learned about Woody Guthrie, and Walt Whitman, and whatever the heck a Paper Town was in the first place. And that's what made the book beautiful. The mystery of it. That's what makes all this guy's books great.
awww! spoiler alert? i guess i can't read it. oh well.
ReplyDelete