Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vendetta of Reading Responses

I read V for Vendetta, graphic novel version. At first, I thought the this entire plot line was going to suck. The trailer for the movie made no sense, and I hate Sci-Fi/Dystopian anything. But I, my friends, could not have been more wrong.

V for Vendetta is a crazy story. It's mainly about this guy "V", who rescues this would-be-prostitute-getting-arrested. She helps him to commence his plan, which includes blowing up the House of Parliament, and killing off different important people. The girl, Evvey, feels resentment, but it's way complicated to explain, so you should read it instead.

I noticed this really weird, yet making-sense theme in the story. There aren't any blacks. There aren't any blacks and I think I know why. There were these camps, that V apparently escaped from. I'm not exactly sure what they were for, but I assume it has to do with an English Holocaust of some sorts. I mean, they live in this Dystopia similar to 1984. Theres lots of order. There's people assigned to seeing what others say, see, do, and smell. The nose, the ear, the nose, and the mouth all record and examine this information.

I think that the English government had this racist thing going, where they exterminated all the blacks, which isn't good. I think that V shouldn't be doing all these things as revenge for what was done to him in the camps. I think he should be getting revenge in the name of the people discriminated against

No comments:

Post a Comment